Welcome to our complimentary CoachTrack Tips Newsletter. On a monthly basis we will focus on specific helpful tips for streamlining your practice. These tips will give you more ideas how to increase your efficiency and improve your coaching practice. We sincerely hope you enjoy the CoachTrack Tips newsletter and will utilize it to create a better, smoother and more organized coaching business for yourself and your clients.
Our Coaching Tip: Remember, as your business grows, your paper files will grow, too. Time spent searching for a piece of paper, file, or phone number, is not just wasted time but also unproductive time. Spending the time to get organized is well worth it, in the end you will save more time. You''ll be less stressed and more in control of your business.
News!! Have you visited our website www.Coach-Track.com lately? We''ve made some changes to the website and added new features!
P.S.: Enjoy and feel free to forward this Newsletter to other coaches!
CoachTrack Tips - April 2006.
Tip #3 "System for Recording and Storing Session Notes"
Do you keep notes during your coaching session, then stick them in a file? Or, do you type in notes but can''t find them easily or quickly? How about using a system that keeps track of your session notes, easily and systematically? Why not make it easier on yourself, and be well organized.
The simple solution to this task is to use a client management software, such as CoachTrack. A good software system is versatile; it will allow you to store all your info so that it''s easily found. It will also allow you to see all your client sessions on the computer, show you all previous sessions and recommendations you''ve made. This computerized system will make note taking a snap!
If you already own the CoachTrack software, you''re ahead of the game. CoachTrack is very user-friendly, it''s simple to set up. Here''s how to use the "Enter, Store & Retrieve Resources" features in CoachTrack. If you''re currently using another system, please feel free to compare it to CoachTrack.
To Record Session Notes: 1) On Main Menu, Click "Client Entry" button.
2) You''ll be in the client''s file. Now select "Session Entry" tab.
4) If this is your first session, or the client is new, you need to add a contract first. a) Press the "Add new Contract" (yellow plus sign). b) Click "Contract Type" and choose one.
5) Now click "Add New Session" button (green plus sign).
6) Today''s date and time appears automatically. (this can be adjusted)
7) Type in notes and length of call. To view notes/expand view, click magnifying glass. This shows you a nice big screen with your notes. (no typing in little boxes!)
8) When you exit, session is automatically saved.
Your Benefits to Using the Record Session Notes System: - Info on sessions is readily available.
- All session notes are in each client''s file.
- Limitless sessions and clients can be saved.
- For ICF certification you can print off reports.
- Save paper, clutter free desk and no more missing notes!
- Stay on top of the client''s homework, if you assigned a resource to them, you can follow up!
- Concentrate on your coaching and let the software do the record keeping! - Enables you to be professional, thoughtful and prepared!
If you do not own a copy of the CoachTrack software yet, we encourage you to download a free, 10-day trial version to experience this great feature. The trial CoachTrack version is fully functional, meaning it is equipped with all the features the software has and will help you get organized immediately. You can enter all your client files and records to experience how it works. When it expires after 10 days, and you wish to purchase the program, simply call us and we''ll activate your software; your records will remain active and continue to be available to you.
Call to activate your software, Toll Free: 1-866-717-8700
If you have any questions regarding CoachTrack features and benefits, please email: David@Coach-Track.com
The CoachTrack Tips Newsletter is written monthly by CoachTrack team member, Life and Guidance Coach Karin Bauer*. We welcome your feedback on this newsletter. To share your thoughts or questions, email Karin@GuidanceCards.com.
*About Karin Bauer: Karin is an innovative, visionary mentor coach for coaches. A few years ago she had a vision of helping other coaches become organized in their practice - so she co-designed and co-created CoachTrack. Karin is offers other cutting-edge, web based coaching tools. www.GuidanceCards.com for the public and clients, and www.GuidanceCoach.com a unique training program to become a Guidance Coach.